Sunday, December 7, 2008

Speed(ier) Run

This morning I went to join the running club for their Sunday run.  I was sort of on the fence about it because the person who has been leading my pace group is out of town.  But I decided to show up and if everyone was a speedy hare I would just do a solo run.  

I latched on to the group that seemed to think they were the slowest (still faster than my usual pace choice).  I'm glad I gave it a go because we ran 5.3 miles at a sub 10:00 min/mile pace.  I have not done a run that averaged less than 10:00 min/miles since the end of July!  We even had a few mile splits that were 9:30 min/miles.  I guess I have a little bit of "speed" in the legs after all.  So my running is making steps in the right direction.  Besides the nice pace we had some good conversation which is the whole point of group runs.

6 comments:

Julianne said...

Yay for going out to the run even when you didn't feel like it! And look, you ended up getting a great run with fantastic pace! Yay!

Mica said...

I'm glad you feel better about your running!! Running groups must be the way to go.

Marci said...

Running groups are great for challenging pace, and its great if you can stlll have good conversation as well!

Rachel said...

Nice job! That takes courage. I'm always intimidated to try and hang with the fast groups.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the legs are still good :D I'm not sure I'd be able to maintain a conversation when I'm jogging/running lol!

Runner Leana said...

Nice job on your speedier run!